Go to here for my 12of12 post. Thanks! :)
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Sunday, May 20, 2012
12 of 12 May 2012
My PS is on the blink and haven't had time to call in about it. So I decided to just go with it and get 12of12 posted anyway.
Miss A babysitting while the rest of us are working the moving sale.
People could come into the house because we had a bit of furniture that we didn't want to move to the yard. This is the boundary sign.
Too much stuff! This photo is only a small portion. But I guess a more than normal size sale is expected when you sale off almost EVERYTHING.
Miss A found a "new" costume. This was a costume I wore in a dance festival in Oregon when I was 12 yrs. old. My grandmother made it. (We decided to keep it).
Too big for the vehicle. Good thing they live close. Too bad for the boy, it is all uphill to his home. Clean up.
Waiting patiently for food.
Mmmmm! Bombay House treat after a long (6-5) day.
Chicken Tikki Masala with Garlic Naan. My favorite. (W/ an appetizer of Samosa).
Monday, May 14, 2012
Amazing how fast my kiddos our growing up. Today my baby Baby turned 3.
I clearly remember her birth.
She is looking older. And expresses so much.
Baby loves to play with friends, on the computer, read, climb and still is a joker.
She is doted on by everyone and probably always will be. Can't get away from being the baby.
|Delivering her birthday party invites.|
|Practicing her candle-out blowing.|
Love all her expressions!
Gift from Gpa & Gma D.
Duck hooded towel and books from family.
"The reach in."
Yummmm! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa D!
Snow cones and fun with friends and family.
We love you M!
Thank you for bringing so much happiness to our family!
Photos by M1 and Mwa.
Friday, May 4, 2012
While cleaning out my stash of recipes I found this corn dog batter recipe. I had not ever tried it, so put it to the test.
I didn't want to fill the fryer with oil. It seemed wasteful since I will probably only get a few uses out of it before having to dump the oil (before we move). So I cut the hot dogs into fourths and dipped them into the batter (no sticks) = Corn Dog Bites.
This was easy, quick and delicious - just like a bought corn dog.
Corn Dog Batter
2 eggs, beaten
1 C. corn meal
2 C. flour
2 C. milk
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 C. sugar
Mix all ingredients well. Skewer hot dogs or cut into fourths. Dip hot dogs in batter. Fry in oil in deep fryer until light brown.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Oh yeah. Another year ~ wiser? Yes, I think so this year. I think I've grown a bit mentally, spiritually, physically, emotionally from 40-41.
For My Bday:
~ A cake was decorated beautifully and Happy Birthday sung to me (and a staff member) at my friend's children's school.
~ Breakfast in bed: waffles with raspberries and powdered sugar, with a glass of milk on the side.
~ Birthday love and creations from My Pearls!
A phone call from Bro. Dougherty wishing me Happy Bday and not to make a cake: Sister Dougherty was making me one.
Brother and Sister Dougherty dropping off the famous chocolate cake, large tub of ice cream and a beautiful card. YUM!
~ Many FB birthday wishes.
~ Phone calls from brothers.
~ Night out with Rob and a
~ HUGE banana split.
~ Jennifer Nebeker babysat. We all miss her so much away at school! It is great how she loves the girls AND cleans up.~ Lunch and chatting with Uni.
Thanks to all who helped make it a great way to start 41!
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Wow! April! This year is flying by.
1. I am really taking advantage of Spring Break. My wake up time. It has happened 2x this week - sleeping in this late. And I don't even like to sleep in. But for some reason this week it has been nice.
2. Found my hubs doing the dishes in the morning. A nice surprise! Especially since I neglected the dishes for a day or so. (My excuse for yesterday is because we were gone all day). :) And Rob made the comment after noticing I took the photo: "At least I know what day it is of the month." The 12of12 is good for more then just photos and family history. ;)
3. Miss M practicing guitar. She is better than she think she is.
4. Endurance. That's what I am trying to do, and not just on the treadmill.
5. Some of My Pearls coloring. There are a few more requested photos at the bottom of this post.
6. Posted our foosball table for sale. Little by little we are selling off our stuff in preparation for our travels. Only 1 1/2 months away.
7. The dvd player decided to be finicky while the girls were watching a movie and so they came up to watch it on the computer.
8. Ice cream cones.
9. Pot Pie for supper. I haven't made one in a long time. It turned out well.
10. Playing UNO. This is a great game for all members of our family to play. Even Baby can play with us.
11. Centaur. Could you guess that they have watched The Lightening Thief movie recently?
12. Little I the "cooker chef" serving her creation.
Little I's cut outs of The Resurrection.
The Large paper is the tomb.
There is a stone in front of it with 2 soldiers standing in front of that.
In the sky is an angel by 2 clouds.
The birth of Christ
The flip side.