Friday, May 4, 2012

Food Friday: Corn Dog Bites

While cleaning out my stash of recipes I found this corn dog batter recipe.  I had not ever tried it, so put it to the test.

I didn't want to fill the fryer with oil.  It seemed wasteful since I will probably only get a few uses out of it before having to dump the oil (before we move).  So I cut the hot dogs into fourths and dipped them into the batter (no sticks) = Corn Dog Bites.
 This was easy, quick and delicious - just like a bought corn dog.

Corn Dog Batter
2 eggs, beaten
1 C. corn meal
2 C. flour
2 C. milk
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 C. sugar

Mix all ingredients well. Skewer hot dogs or cut into fourths.  Dip hot dogs in batter.  Fry in oil in deep fryer until light brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...