Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer Fun Week 8

Pioneer Day, Sunday July 24th
also my cousin's birthday (Happy Bday Anita!)

We went and visited a couple of old neighbors: Sister Clegg and Susie.
The following photos are at Susie's.  We actually didn't get to visit with her.  She wasn't home.  We enjoyed her animals and yard and will have to go by again soon to visit with her.
My Pearls love the animals.  More and more I want to be able to get horses for them (along with chickens and maybe throw in some other animals.  They want pigs too, but I'm not too sure about that).
Miss B wearing a pioneer hat to go with the day's celebrations.
 This baby miniature horse kept nudging Baby and following her.
 
 Playing in the goat pen.
Zip Line at Susie's
You can't see them well because it was getting dark, but I wanted to put the videos on for them anyway.
Miss M & B

Valley Fireworks
 Sparklers with some neighbors.
Let's see.  What else went on this week.  I slacked in the photo department this week.  Although not visually documented, we had a fun week.

~ We had a wonderful evening bbqing, visiting, hot tubbing and slip'n'sliding.  We were just getting into fireworks when a HUGE wind storm blew in.  Some grabbed their little'uns and ran for cover while others scavenged to get the bbq stuff inside.  A little scary, but we all came out unscathed.  Overall it was a nice evening.

 ~ My Pearls and I went to our community pool.  Fun as always.

~ Piano and gymnastic lessons.

~ B had a water party to finish off her basketball camp.  Thanks Coach Katie! 

~ M & B took their Dad to a Father/Daughter activity.  Luau was the theme and they said that it was a lot of fun. Then we finished off our fireworks at home.
~ A Big Announcement of the Week:
New cousin (boy of course) born on Thursday, July 28th to Steve and Cara.
He is so adorable!  I don't have any photos to share at the moment so you will just have to trust me.  Can't wait to see him in person.  Maybe we will have to plan a trip out to Colorado soon.

~ Family Picnic at the Park
~ Visited the girls new school.  They are transferring to a Montessori style charter school.  The girls are nervous and excited at the same time.  Me too.  It feels like the right move for them though.  The hardest part for the girls is not being able to see there friends at school.  But now there are new friends to make.  :)
~ Some hula
~  As a family we went and saw Kung Fu Panda II.  It was a good show.  We RARELY all go to the theatre.  1.  expensive, especially with our size group.  2.  don't get to see a lot of the movie because the little one needs to move about so much.  I'm usually in the back trying to keep her occupied so that I can see some of the movie.  This time it was actually better.  I still had to wrestle with her most of the time, but while sitting.  The step in the right direction.  Right?  We went because Miss M's eye therapy group treated everyone who goes to the office.  They do this each year.  It is very nice of them.  They have a great staff and do a fabulous job.

~ Saturday night I went to Dear Lizzie for what I thought was a blogger meet up.  It was my first time going.  I wanted to go to meet other bloggers, plus see Dear Lizzie store.  I have been wanting to go there for awhile and finally had a good excuse.  Not that I needed one.  The evening turned out to be a Soiree for Spark The Event (yeah, I obviously didn't look at the details of the fb message) I am so glad that I went.  I am very excited about Spark The Event.  It is going to be an amazing event.
I will share more about that later.

No hike this week. Second week in a row, unless you count our "hike" around SLC.  ;)  Oh well, at least we are getting some water time in! 

It was a great week.  I can't believe there are only a few weeks left of summer.  Sad!  I love playing with My Pearls! and am going to miss while they are in school.  And enjoy the break from each other at the same time :)
Do you have any big plans to finish off the summer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...