Friday, April 15, 2011

Food Friday: Regular and Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

I have tried different buttercream recipes and this is The One for me that I tweaked a little from the original.  It has a delicious and smooth taste.

Buttercream Frosting: Makes 6 Cups
1 Cup Butter Flavor Crisco
1 Cup butter - BUTTER
1 - 2# bag powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (Use clear vanilla for a white colored frosting.  I didn't have any and didn't want to try and find it.  It is a special item and I would think that a baking store would have it.  And yes, I know white isn't a color).
5 Tablespoons milk


Mix until smooth.
Add extra powered sugar, if needed, To Thicken to decorate.  I didn't need to thicken for the frosting style above.  For the style in the photo I used a #12 tip.
Add milk, light corn syrup or water To Thin.


Chocolate Frosting:
Same as above Except:
1 Cup Baking Cocoa (I use Nestle's)
6 Cups Powdered Sugar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...