Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter

via LDS.org
Easter is a beautiful holiday: the celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  It is hard for me to get into the material side of Easter, especially this year.  I have never promoted the Easter Bunny around our house.  Although, My Pearls do get baskets.  The baskets are usually filled with some type of art or writing gifts, along with a little bit of candy.  This year I didn't even make up baskets.  We leave in about 1 1/2 months to travel in a motor home for 2 years and I didn't want to get more stuff.  We are trying to get rid of most everything.  I want to get the girls each an art journal, but decided not to get it for Easter.  They will get it as a departure gift.  (I hope they don't read this - and if B. you do, don't tell your other sisters).  This year My Pearls filled their own baskets with our egg hunt.  They also received an egg and chocolate bunny from a neighbor couple and a huge gift from our next door neighbor.  Oh plenty for My Pearls.  And they never complained.  

I am grateful for the wonderful gift of the Resurrection.  A gift for ALL.  I feel very blessed to have the knowledge of this gift.  To know that there is better to come after this life.  To know that I will see my dad and brother again along with other family.

Little I and Baby (with Dad's help) shared the story of the Resurrection before the egg hunt.  It was simple and wonderful.  Our neighbor Natalie joined us for both the story and the hunt.  It was nice to have her spend the time with us.  She is going on her mission on June and we are excited to visit her in California on her mission.  She will be serving at the Mormon Battalion church history site.
 Waiting for the egg hunt to begin.


Natalie and My Pearls
Couldn't quite get everyone to look at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...