Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Let Freedom Ring!

I am so grateful for the freedoms of our country.

My country,' tis of thee, 
 sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing; 
 land where my fathers died, 
 land of the pilgrims' pride, 
 from every mountainside let freedom ring! 

 My native country, thee, 
 land of the noble free, thy name I love; 
 I love thy rocks and rills, 
 thy woods and templed hills; 
 my heart with rapture thrills, like that above. 

 Let music swell the breeze, 
 and ring from all the trees sweet freedom's song; 
 let mortal tongues awake; 
 let all that breathe partake; 
 let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong. 

 Our fathers' God, to thee, 
 author of liberty, to thee we sing; 
 long may our land be bright 
 with freedom's holy light; 
 protect us by thy might, great God, our King.
 
I am grateful for those who have, do and will fight for our freedoms.  Enjoy this Flag Day and reflect on for which it stands...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...