Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just. Breathe.

I usually try and exercise before the kiddos are up.  Didn't happen today because I couldn't fall asleep for a long time and then was up with a couple of the kiddos during the night.
So the 2 little ones accompanied me during my exercise today.  Yoga was part of that.  I had another migraine coming on and wanted to try and push through it with yoga.  It mainly worked.   During a balancing pose the instructor was suggesting ways to make it more difficult.  I'd like to add one: have a little child hug your leg.  Then for extra energy during yoga receive kisses and hugs from you little ones.  Additional challenges can be added with little ones intertwining with you during your poses.
My migraine dissipated, I believe, mostly from the breathing.  The instructor continues to remind you throughout to just. breathe.  Life is busy and, for me, I forget to just. breathe.  I was recently advised to slow my mind down.  I get ahead of myself with the many things I would like to be doing.  I need to stay and enjoy the present and not skip to the future plans that hasn't, and may not, happen.  Don't get me wrong.  It is important to have future plans/goals.  But I also need to not miss the moments that surround me now.  Good and bad.  We can learn and grow from both.  
I really appreciate President Uchtdorf's talk from last General Conference, "Of Things That Matter Most."  He was reminding us to just. breathe.  Relish in the good around you.  Get back to the basics.  Grow from the inside out.
I am grateful for this transitional period in my life, even though at times it is very hard.  I already can see some personal growth and growth for my family.  Each day is new day.  And each day I need to remember to just. breathe.  Move forward to become my true self.  And in the big scheme of Life it will all work out.

1 comments:

jenica 09 February, 2011 14:48  

yes. so need this reminder. xoxo

my fave was always the weighted downward dog, with children hanging on your back and squealing in your ears. ;-D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...